Summer Camps & Conferences
The University of Maryland owns 21 properties that are leased to Fraternity and Sorority alumni corporations for use by their members. Some of those chapters make their houses available for use during the summer months. Inquiries can be made to Heidi Biffl, Housing Coordinator in the Department of Fraternity & Sorority Life (301-314-7780) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each house has similarities in terms of layout yet many differences that set them each apart. The video will highlight some of those things. Here is some other basic information:
- $153.00 per bed per week
- Each house has between 28-34 beds, in a mix of singles, doubles and a few triples and quads.
- Bedrooms are furnished with: bed(s), desk(s), dresser(s) and chair(s)
- Common areas include:
- Living Room with large screen TV and seating
- Basement/ Dining area with tables and chairs
- Study Room with table or desks and chairs
- Laundry facilities
- Day kitchen with refrigerator, microwave oven, toaster oven and ice machine
- Each house has a commercial kitchen that can be used at an additional cost by approved staff or vendors
- Group Bathroom on each floor
- Internet and cable TV
- Central Air Conditioning
- Live-in facility manager
- Housekeeping Services
We also have limited housing available for students/interns working at or through the University of Maryland for the summer. Please check with Heidi for eligibility and availability.