Order of Omega
A Leadership Society.
The Order of Omega is a leadership society for fraternity/sorority members, only admitting the top 3% of members on our campus. Students must excel academically, must have leadership experience, and serve their community to be considered. Order of Omega puts out an application each semester and chooses about 40 new members for the fall and for the spring. For more information you may visit Order of omega web page.
To RECOGNIZE those fraternity men and women who have attained a high standard of leadership in interfraternity activities, to ENCOURAGE them to continue along this line, and to INSPIRE others to strive for similar conspicuous attainment
To UNITE outstanding fraternity men and women to create an organization which will help to mold the sentiment of the institution on questions of local and intercollegiate fraternity affairs;
To BRING TOGETHER members of the faculty, alumni, and student members of the institution’s fraternities and sororities on a basis of mutual interest, understanding and helpfulness;
To help CREATE an atmosphere where ideas and issues can be discussed openly across Greek lines and to help work out solutions.
- Order of Omega applicants must have a minimum of 56 credits and a 3.2 cumulative GPA or higher.
- The applicant must be in good standing with his or her chapter.
- The applicant’s chapter must be affiliated with a governing body (IFC, PHA, PHC or UGC).
- Those selected for membership into Order of Omega will be publicly recognized at the Greek Dedication Ceremony. It is imperative that all applicants attend this event to find out whether they have been selected and to receive important information regarding membership responsibilities.
- If selected, initiation is MANDATORY for recognition of membership
- There is a one-time initiation fee of $150.00 to join Order of Omega due at Initiation.
- Awards scholarships and fellowships to outstanding members each year.
- Provides service projects, social events, and campus philanthropy opportunities for members.
- Sponsors Chapter President and Greek Leader of the Year Award
- Honor Cords for graduation
- Members can participate in the Brick Walk project, where each individual’s name is etched in a brick on Fraternity Row